(Updated December 2018)
Agreement between user and the website www.eaaw.org.uk ("EAAW", "website", or "service") owned and managed by FIGS Events Limited in association with The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST).
The term "FIGS Events Limited" or "us" or "we" refers to the manager and data processor of the website whose registered office is FIGS Events Limited, Suite 19771, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU, UK. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website. IMarEST are the sole data controllers.
FIGS Events Limited reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the EAAW website and service is offered.
Links to third party websites
No unlawful or prohibited use
As a condition of your use of the EAAW website, you warrant to us that you will not use the website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the website in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the website or interfere with any other party"s use of website.
Copyright and Trademarks
The copyright for all technical material including, but not limited to, the Event programme copy, Event name and know acronym shall belong to IMarEST absolutely; all rights to such content are hereby reserved by IMarEST. The copyright and all other rights on this website for the material, other than the technical material as detailed above, belong to FIGS Events Limited or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights. Unauthorised use is prohibited without written permission.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, will be acknowledged on the website.
- Neither FIGS Events Limited, nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, performance, or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on the EAAW website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors. FIGS Events Limited, and the website is excluded from liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- IMarEST is not liable whatsoever for any inaccuracies provided within the technical material. Technical papers presented or published reflect the views of individuals who prepared them and, unless indicated expressly in the text, do not necessarily represent the views of IMarEST or the associated organisations related to individual papers. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information in the technical proceedings is accurate, IMarEST makes no representation or warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness or correctness of such information. IMarEST accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any loss, damage or other liability arising from any use of this information which it contains.
- Your use of any information or materials which you share on this website or our partner websites is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It is your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information made available through this website or our partner websites meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is licensed or managed by FIGS Events Limited. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- This website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- In using this website, you agree not to harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the Laws of England and Wales.
Linking by you to the EAAW website
- You may link to the EAAW home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or that of IMarEST or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to the EAAW website in any website that is not owned by you.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in this policy.
Social Media Policy
If you are using social media networks and quoting hashtag #EAAW (Twitter: EAAW uses – Naval Engineering @Naval_IMarEST) or other profiles where they exist (LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, YouTube), please adhere to the following rules. These rules are intended to assist users of the EAAW website, FIGS Events and IMarEST staff, contracted individuals, clients, customers, partners and suppliers.
- Whilst we encourage you to share information about EAAW with other social media sites, if you click on a link via a social media plug in that we may use from time to time, you are establishing a connection with that respective social media site.
- Do not post, upload or forward a link quoting EAAW to any abusive, obscene, discriminatory, harassing, derogatory or defamatory content online.
- Do not post, upload, forward or post a link to chain mail, junk mail or gossip.
- Never disclose commercially sensitive, anti-competitive, private or confidential information about EAAW.
- If you notice any content posted on social media about EAAW (if abusive or offensive), please report it immediately to email@example.com
- Personal blogs and social media content should have clear disclaimers that the views expressed by the authors are the author's alone and do not necessarily represent the views of FIGS Events, the EAAW event organisers.
- Do not reference or disclose information about colleagues, event delegates, organisations, sponsors, partners or customers of the EAAW International Symposium and FIGS Events including photos without their express consent.
- Please respect laws governing intellectual property rights including copyright and reference or cite sources appropriately. Company logos and trademarks may not be used without written consent.
FIGS Events Limited and IMarEST respects the privacy of every individual who visits the EAAW website. This website operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Please see the full privacy statement.